Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Not a whooooole lot going on

I'm writing,. My kids are hanging out at home far too much due to summer. We get out a bit, but as of a couple of weeks ago, summer was boring and not a relief. We went to see Minions. It was, uh, OK, I guess. It had good moments.

But I'm writing, which I don't always have the concentration and time to do during the school year.

I need to prepare the History and Literature parts of our curriculum for Homeschool Boy. American History and Lit. I mostly need to pace out the history so I know how much to finish each month and find a book that tracks to the time period for each month. He's going to have a creative writing class from someone else, so we'll be mostly reading and discussing, maybe mocking up enough info for essays. I might be more ambitious than he's willing to do... I'm also looking for audio book and movie versions of things. Read, listen, watch.
History and Literature are my favorites. I wish they were my son's favorites, too. SIGH.

But I'm writing! Camp Nanowrimo is going well. I reduced my goal to 25K when I got the galleys of my book, Indispensable Wife (coming this fall!) and it looks like I'm going to surpass that. Though it's hard to focus with my kids all around me watching Good Mythical Morning or Cute,Win, Fail. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

And I'm writing! A short story featuring Henri. It's 12 years after Indispensable Wife and there are two intervening books, so it's not ready for any sort of buzz. It's book 3.5, so it will be a while. I should think about writing a short story or novella between books one and two. Or two and three. Hmmm... Sounds like a project for the November Nanowrimo.


No comments:

Post a Comment