Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Nanowrimo.... in July? AND POISON!

I signed up to write 30,000 words this month in Camp Nanowrimo. I need to finish a couple of projects. I'm much more traditional about the November Nano, where I will write at least 50K words on a new project. But lately. everything revolves around editing and finishing and adding.

I've been goofing around all day and being interrupted. But I wrote 500 words which is... barely 2 pages. Right. Back to work.

I need to get my head into 1678. Here's one of Louis XIV's mistresses (though not an official one, so she got the shaft, then she got the shaft...), Claude de vin des Oeillets, companion and lady's maid to Athenais de Montespan. She a daughter with the king and he never recognized or legitimated her and gave her titles, like he did with la Valliere and Montespan. She was heavily implicated in The Affair of the Poisons, which was just starting to reach its peak frenzy in 1678. Claude went and lived a quiet life far away from court.


Claude de vin des Oeillets, companion and lady's maid to Athenais de Montespan. She was also an occasional mistress of Louis XIV
Montespan ended up being ditched by the king, who suppressed the evidence against her about the poisons and black masses and so on. We're still not sure what happened. At the very least, she was buying a love potion from the "witches" implicated in the poisonings. The potion apparently made Louis sick to his stomach, all while, Montespan hoped, it made him love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment