Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Lurgy

I've always loved the word "lurgy" as a fun Britishism. Like "faff" and "plonker". However, I guess I had never heard it spoken, because I always pronounced it in my head as LER-gee (like allergy), but the g is hard like in guy. I can't even think of a way to write that phonetically. It doesn't rhyme with anything, except sort of like piggy?

So today, I have the Lurgy. I was cold all day yesterday, my face feels hot to the touch today (except I can't even get my temp up to normal when I take it), my stomach is roiling (though I have eaten some, so it's not that bad) and I have a headache.

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to go to a big science/children's museum that's 2 or 3 hours away (depending on traffic, which will be bad at the time of morning we need to go) (and then we either need to leave well before rush hour or hang around until 7 at night). And spend all day in a crowd. So my husband might be doing museum duty.

I was feeling so bad
I asked my family doctor just what I had
I said, "Doctor" (doctor), "Mr. MD" (doctor)
"Can you tell me what's ailing me?"

And I'm trying to write. Or at least re-reading what I have so far and adding to it, because I keep thinking of things to say. Which is good. I really need to move forward with this book, but my brain is foggy.

Like most parents, I just keep dragging along most of the time.

So what do you do when you're sick, but not really SICK?


SIX DAYS TO NEW BOOK!


No comments:

Post a Comment