Sunday, May 7, 2017

A slump

I'm in a writing slump right now:

  • with the new job
  •  with how tired I am at the end of the workday
  • with April having ended and I didn't even manage 25K words in Camp Nanowrimo
  • with my birthday having just happened and I always get down on myself around my birthday
  • with my newest Work In Progress being stuck because I feel like I'm not the right person to be writing this story and yet I wish very much to be able to pull this off
  • with my published books not selling well and a new one coming out soon
  • with the only editor or agent reactions I've had to my current projects "New Adult? NO WAY"
  • with watching the world and my country slip and slide around, ever closer to wars and to destroying anything moral
  • with my only light in recent days being that the French managed to not elect a fascist (and I'm not just making up that she's a fascist, she actually sued when someone called her that and it was demonstrated in court that she is literally a fascist. And still 35% of the French electorate voted for fascism, so there's a solid turdnugget of disappointment.) 

I'm tired right now. Always tired.

So really, it's an all-around slump, not just a writing slump.

Is it any wonder I'm doing a lot of re-reading and comfort reading and not reading hard stuff? Or even unfamiliar stuff that might disappoint me? Or writing things that are definitely disappointing me?

Anyway. I'm off to read.




No comments:

Post a Comment