1) I don't have a tan. Or blonde hair.
2) I don't have a tattoo. (Needles? NO WAY.)
3) I've never even tried to surf, though I live 2 hours from the Pacific.
4) We're also 2 hours from Tahoe and have taken my kids skiing exactly once (and I didn't ski).
5) I will never get used to the summer heat here in the Inland Valley.
6) I don't like avocados.
7) I miss seeing normal blue jays. And cardinals. And seasons.
8) I don't like beige houses.
9) Perfect, green lawns don't particularly interest me. In fact, they make me angry in this drought.
10) No matter your political leanings, Governor Jerry Brown is a tad weird. Not as weird as saying "Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger" though.
(And I have a book out that has nothing to do with California. France! Seventeenth Century! Road trip! Kidnappers! Attempted murder! Early attempts at eyeglasses! )