Tuesday, December 1, 2015

NaNoWriMo is OVER

And I WIN!!!!
A month ago, I wrote a blog for someone else and then used it here and in my RWA chapter newsletter about How To Win (and how not to freak out).

And, since I'm awesome, I managed to win. New to me this year: I actually wrote EVERY day. There were days with about 500 words, but that meant I sat down and did it, in spite of everything. There were some really rocking days with over 3000 words.

Well, I wrote every day up until I validated on the 27th.

Because I had the galley copy of Honorable Officer in my inbox smoldering at me, waiting for its read through. Yes, Jean-Louis, I'm coming for you, my tall, blond, and handsome hunk of honor and intensity. *phew* And there's this guy who's his aide-de-camp and is about the smartest guy in any room. I adore Fourbier. And he finds someone to love, too. Bonus love story!

The best part of NaNoWriMo is the camaraderie: the commiseration and the joy.

I have a friend who finished on the 30th by writing 9000+ words just that day, in spite of working full time. And  friend's daughter, who's about 15 finally confessed that the reason she hadn't done her homework all month was because she was writing and had just won with 50K words. I love writing, but I'm not half as dedicated as those two.

So anyway, off to do read my galleys with an eagle eye. Or... eagles see better long-distance, right? What looks at things super close up? Hmmm...


1 comment:

  1. I wrote 30K of my NaNoNovel in the last 6 days of the month. We do what we gotta do to get there!

    ReplyDelete