Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Best of 2015!


Interesting. Goodreads has me pegged as having read fewer books this year than last by about 60 books. 138 books instead of 196. I still will probably read several more now that we're on Xmas break (YAY!) but not sixty. I've been falling asleep early even when I mean to stay up to read. (Last night, I didn't even turn my light out. I guess my husband did. I woke up in the wee hours with my book by my head when I rolled over on my rice sock heating pad.)

I also know I haven't put everything in Goodreads. I also don't always open up the review section to put in the finished date (or open it to change the date if I've reread something), so Goodreads doesn't pull the book correctly.

I've now exported my data and sorted it and added some end dates and came up with 141 books (then last night finished another book. 142.)

I did a massive glom reread of Jennifer Ashley's shifters books this summer. And an even more massive glom on Amanda Quick/Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle, mostly from her Arcane Society series. When I reread, I don't always change the date in Goodreads.

But still, I have been more busy this year. And I'm pretty sure there were a couple of books that I didn't finish which would have gone into a private spreadsheet, but which I didn't splash onto Goodreads.

Here I am making excuses that I averaged a bit over 1 book for every three days instead of less than 2 per book.

These are my Five-Star Rated Books for 2015. Mostly romance. Five are rereads. At least three are by real-life or online friends. Christmas in the Duke's Arms is an anthology and Grace Burrowes isn't the only author (I read a ton of anthologies, especially Christmas ones, and it's really rare for me to give one 5 stars because usually there are one or two stories I ADORE, but this one, while a little saggy in places, was overwhelmingly good). And I'm sure Jane Austen needs the shout-out from me to keep her career going. And I'm surprised I read no Joanna Bourne books this year at all. I knew I needed to reread them (and she needs to write faster!).

So here we go:


The Christmas Knot: A Slightly Gothic Regency Mystery Romance Novella Barbara Monajem
The Martian Andy Weir
The Rosie Project (Don Tillman #1) Graeme Simsion
If You Only Knew Kristan Higgins
The Viscount's Christmas Temptation (The Dukes of War, #1) Erica Ridley
Lion Eyes (Shifters Unbound, #7.25) Jennifer Ashley
The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society, #6) Amanda Quick
Second Sight (Arcane Society, #1) Amanda Quick
Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) Nalini Singh
After the War (Homefront, #2) Jessica Scott
Making a Comeback (More Than a Game, #3) Kristina Mathews
The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #1) Jennifer Ashley
Ghosts of Christmas Past (The Phoenix Institute, #3.5) Corrina Lawson
Luminous (The Phoenix Institute, #1.5) Corrina Lawson
Christmas in the Duke's Arms Grace Burrowes
A MacKenzie Clan Gathering (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8.5) Jennifer Ashley
Here Comes Trouble (Tremayne Family, #2) Anna J. Stewart
Persuasion Jane Austen
Unlocked (Turner, #1.5) Courtney Milan

2 comments:

  1. An interesting list and congrats on your trilogy. Maybe you could give us your Goodreads link too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26165866-the-indispensable-wife?ac=1

    Also: in the right hand sidebar.

    ReplyDelete