Monday, December 25, 2017

Hiatus

I've been working for the past nine months and have missed a total of 1.5 hours due to various appointments. I haven't been sick enough to take a day off and thankfully, no one else in my family has either. I've done a ton of overtime.

What I haven't done much of is writing.

I've abandoned the last books in my French series, because the first five haven't sold well and I just can't get up the creative energy. If anyone wants to know more about the next generation, there's a very rough rough draft for Francoise and a couple different partial attempts at Dario's story.

I have two books in my Oldies series (college kids, one of whom listens to 60s music, so the chapters are centered around the albums she likes best). I started a third one, but got bogged down in despair, when I can't even get an agent to look at the first one. I might be self-publishing these. I need a good editor, though.

I also started a fun Christmas novella that got too complicated. I have been working on it off and on for a couple of months now and am trying to simplify the backstory parts. It's going to be my main focus for the next little bit. I have to power through the first draft to figure out where it's going. I'm only on day 2 of the 12 days of Christmas, but I think I know where it's heading. I mean, other than through the next 10 days of Christmas. ;)

So now I'm going to use my blog as self-encouragement.

Happy Christmas!

Phyllis





No comments:

Post a Comment