Friday, October 21, 2016

Perma-Tired

When I was driving up the highway at 6:30 pm yesterday, on my way to pick up my daughter from her friend's house, I was thinking that all I wanted to do was go to bed. I ended up falling asleep at about 9, while my daughter was still up. I had to wake up to get her to bed. I have no idea if my high school boys finished their homework.

Did someone put decaf coffee beans in place of regular ones? Is it low thyroid? Weird blood sugar? The constant tug of my back pain? Anemia? I need to find a doctor (thanks, insurance, for making that harder) and get looked at.

Until then, the lying around reading is probably not the best thing for my back. Not having energy to go for walks is making it so my energy is even lower.

So right now, I'm doing what they call "Filling the Well." I'm reading what I want to read, trying to do things I want to do, Thinking happy thoughts as much as I can, and generally not worrying about stuff....as much as I can.

I'm also currently getting really anxious about a phone call I have to make that I should have made a few days ago. DEEP BREATH.

But hey, at least I'm not the poor souls at major internet companies whose servers are being attacked and they're scrambling all over the place trying to get things to work. I'm also not the nasty ****** who created the attacks.

In an hour (my daughter gets out of school early today for teacher conferences), it will be the weekend

I have to corral at least one of my big, strong sons and ask him to help me move boxes of books from the library to storage for the Friends of the Library.

We have a local RWA chapter meeting tomorrow. "Finish that novel (or write your next one)" with Elisabeth Barrett should be good. (NOTE: it costs $30 to attend the meeting.) I need to get fired up before November so I can hit the ground running with NaNoWriMo, so this should be good for me.

Otherwise, I'll be doing as little as possible. I have books to read for my book groups, too. Uh oh....I don't even have one; the library still hasn't coughed up a copy for me (ebook or paperback) and the ebook is $10. Uh, no. I guess I'm skipping that one. I just freed up a few hours! Yay me!

And did you see the reviews that posted on Wednesday?

This was a good one at Up Til Dawn.

Don't forget to buy the book, OK? And leave your own review, especially at Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment