Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Big writing day(s)!

TODAY: I deleted a whole bunch of words, wrote a net of only 600-ish, but two of those words were "THE" and "END".

So I'm done with my first draft of Chill. Or the Little Chill. Or College and Chill. Or... well, I'm not great at titles. It's New Adult romance, but with more of an ensemble cast, focused on one person, her two close friends, and their new boyfriends.

I'm very happy about this! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Other cool writing stuff:

YESTERDAY: I finished my galley proofread. It's going to be perfect (HAHAHA).

And I still have the unchanged PDF ARC on my computer and I'd love some early reviews/possible quotes. Leave a comment or contact me through my profile or at my email.

Because The Chevalier is amazing! Emmanuel is the youngest in his family, much younger than all his siblings. He was raised by his mother when his parents became estranged. His mother is an angry, angry person, so Manu learned that from the cradle. Finally, when he was an adolescent, his dad took him back and instead of bringing him home, he handed Manu over to his sister and her husband. (The sister and husband are the hero and heroine of The Indispensable Wife)

And now he's all grown up and raising horses. And being generally misanthropic.
(And this is a draft of the blurb. I thought it was the final, but when I pointed out a typo, my editor said, "Oh gosh, didn't I send you the final final?" And then I had a couple of tiny suggestions to change the final final. So soon we'll have a final final final.)

Emmanuel, Chevalier de Cantière, youngest son of an influential baron, is happy raising horses far, far from his complicated, interfering family. When news comes his mother is deathly ill, he races to her side only to find she has recovered and left, leaving behind her companion.

Catherine de Fouet blends into the background, saving up so she’ll never have to wait on waspish, scheming old ladies again. She has no interest in a resentful young gentleman who never visits his mother, no matter how broad his shoulders or how intriguing the wounded soul behind his handsome face. She just needs to get better and get to Versailles and the baronesse.

But the baronesse is not merely ill, someone is poisoning her, and Catherine is a suspect. Catherine rebuffs an influential courtier who attempts to woo her with bad poetry and blackmail. When all else fails, he picks a fight with Emmanuel.


The Chevalier de Cantière wants more than anything to protect this woman whose prickly exterior hides sweetness and passion. Instead of escaping from his family, he needs them to guide him through court intrigues and fencing matches. He needs them almost as much as he needs Catherine.



And of course, before it comes out, you'll want to catch up with Manu's older siblings:

No comments:

Post a Comment