1. I got books, too. Um. Yay?
2. I have tickets for an Off-Broadway (off-off-off-off) show Sunday:
3. My mild form of prosopagnosia (face-blindness) has only led me to call my children by the wrong names, not fail to identify my favorite authors without staring at their lanyards or offend people I've already met by passing them without saying hello or staring at them blankly.
4. I have a really great view from my window. Much better than Times Square:
5. I did some writing! And I looked glamorous while doing it!
6. I met up with some fabulous romance authors. Our local RWA chapter gathered, uh, seven of us to have coffee and talk writing and publishing. I didn't take pictures. Probably should have.
7. I will watch the Golden Heart / Rita ceremony. Live streaming tonight! 8:30 Eastern! With live chat commentary at Smart Bitches! Almost like being there! *sniff*
8. Most of all, I swore up and down that I WILL go to RWA Nationals in San Diego next year. No excuses. I mean, unless it's too much of a financial burden. But I WILL sell a million copies of my books (Indispensable Wife this fall. Honorable Officer...sometime a few months after that). OK, just a few thousand would be enough.
And so for the aforementioned Golden Heart / Rita ceremony, there are a few of the GH nominees whom I know and I've read a ton of the Rita-nominated books. All I can say is GO! FINGERS CROSSED!
See you next year!